Never Miss Another DAI Offering!
Sign up for our mailing list so you're the first to know about upcoming courses, webinars, conferences, and more!
Pay It Forward
“The fundamental goal for REAL change is not to only acknowledge that our voices matter and you want to listen, but instead you want to go beyond that and be that CHANGE.”
~Dr. Suzette Garay~
Here at Diversity Academy we are in the business of giving DPOC, DIOC, ITOC a voice and a platform for sharing our issues that are of upmost importance. We just help facilitate these conversations to ensure it gets across to other Interpreters who otherwise might not know our existence or experience.
Consider helping and support us! Please consider donating today to help us continue to build our Pay It Forward Scholarships!
Join the Diversity Academy for Interpreters with one of the options below.
Your membership includes: Access to webinars taught by diverse Deaf People of Color and diverse Interpreters. The webinars will meet the RID Power, Privilege, and Oppression (PPO) CEUs. And MORE: Access to a wide range of diversity resources Access to discounted PPO Studies courses Pay monthly at $19.95 per month ($240 for the year) Once you join monthly, you will be charged every month. You can cancel at any time. (Please note, you will need to be a member for a minimum of 2 months in order to process any CEUs earned.)
$19.95 USD every month
Join Yearly Join yearly and pay $199 for 12 months (save $40 - 2 months free!) Your membership includes: Access to webinars taught by diverse Deaf People of Color and diverse Interpreters. The webinars will meet the RID Power, Privilege, and Oppression (PPO) CEUs. And MORE: Access to a wide range of diversity resources Access to discounted PPO Studies courses on a wide variety of topics
$199.00 USD every year
Webinars, courses, mentorship, trainings, tutoring, and more! Obtain the CEU's you need to continue your professional journey.
Earn your PPO (Power, Privilege, and Oppression) CEUs from the comfort of home (or anywhere) anytime!
Celebrating the differences among us--and understanding those differences in a deep way.
Coming in 2023 at Diversity Academy:
- Monthly Courses!
- More Webinars with newer updated topics like Culture of belonging, Antiracist Interpreting, and Sociocracy for Interpreters!
- BIPOC Deaf Community Podcasts (ASL)!
- JustConsulting discounted private consultations for implementing Antiracist Action plans!
- Discounted private workshops & trainings not available to the general public!
Ebook by Diversity Academy
Common Interpreter Microaggressions Experienced by Diverse Deaf Communities.
Learn the hidden microaggressions that happen and how NOT to commit them.
As shared by Deaf BIPOC consumers.
Want to be an ally?
Grab the Allyship mug from Diversity Academy.
All proceeds go to support our diverse speakers and their work.
Allyship--it starts with you.
Interpreting for People of Color, Perspectives from a Diverse Deaf Community
What do Deaf BIPOC consumers want interpreters to know?
Find out here!
Sign up here to receive your FREE copy:
Who is Diversity Academy For?
• Recent graduates of interpreter training programs or entry level interpreters working into their 1-3 years of services who wish to further their knowledge, skills, and abilities beyond their respective programs and/or seeking better opportunities for diversified interpreting work.
• Certified or Restrictive Licensure Educational interpreters preparing for national certification tests (NIC or BEI) or diverse ASL skills assessments required by the state, school district or an interpreter referral agency for interpreting in community-based settings.
• Working interpreters looking to increase their cultural competence for working with diverse Deaf/deaf/Hard of Hearing/Deafblind populations such as DPOC, LGBTQA, and/or other marginalized groups.
• Certified or experienced interpreters seeking increased fluency in a specialized or diverse complex settings (except for medical or legal that requires further specialized training beyond the scope of focus of Interpreter Academy Online).
• Others who want to improve their overall Diverse ASL communication skills, including parents of diverse Deaf or hard-of-hearing children, teachers and other professionals who work with diverse Deaf or hard-of-hearing students.
Deaf or hard-of-hearing people who want to learn or improve their ASL, particularly if their language training while growing up was signed English, PSE, or primarily oral language.
Diverse Speakers and Topics
Your membership includes online webinars featuring diverse Deaf and diverse Interpreters. Each webinar gives you 0.2 PPO CEUs. You can view these webinars anytime, anywhere. Each speaker presents LIVE, and then the replays are available to view on your own time. Members are required to take a pre- and post-assessment, presenter evaluation, additional reading, and participate in the online discussion forum. to earn 0.2 PPO CEUs.
Your membership includes monthly webinars featuring diverse Deaf and Interpreters sharing their wisdom on various topics, especially related to Power, Privilege, and Oppression. The webinars can be viewed anytime, anywhere. CEUs are processed in the following month after the webinar is completed.
CEUs are processed by Purple Communications.
Dr. Suzette Garay
Topic: Not Your Typical LGBTQ Model: The Deaf LGBTQ + POC Experiences within LGBTQ Spaces
Topic: Strategies for Providing Corrective Feedback with Interpreters of Color
Dr. Melanie McKay-Cody
Topic: How Do the Missing Pieces of Training Affect PPO with Native/Indigenous Deaf/Hard of Hearing People?
Joseph LJ Williams
Topic: Forget the ITP and Interpret for ME!
Topic: Understanding the PPO Dynamics for Interpreters of Color--So You Wanna Talk About Differences?
Topic: Respecting & Valuing Interpreters of Color
Crescenciano Garcia-Campbell Jr.
Dr. Alesia Allen
Topic: How Systems Lead to the Provision of Power, Privilege, and Oppression in the Interpreting Profession
Topic: Implicit Bias and You
Topic: Authentic Representation of BIPOC Deaf Interpreters
Diversity Academy for Interpreters supports diversity in every form. The materials and resources provided here are shared from a variety of sources and Diversity Academy for Interpreters does not claim ownership for shared resources. We also recognize and credit individual contributions to Diversity Academy for Interpreters.
CEUs are processed by Purple Communications.